Welcome to the Club de Francais
ALL MEETINGS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
For people interested in France, it's language and culture
The Club de Français de Cardiff was founded in 1978 for all those interested in France, its people and culture. Adults learning French are especially welcome and while we try to give opportunities for those attending to speak French, it is not essential to be fluent in the language. The talks are for the most part in French, but speakers are reminded that we are students of the language and asked to speak slowly, use uncomplicated language and use illustrations if possible.
Meetings, except where stated, will take place fortnightly on Friday evenings in the Memorial Hall, Lon Ucha, Rhiwbina, Cardiff. There is free parking at the site.. The meetings commence at 7.15pm with the first 30 minutes devoted to general conversation, preferably in French, followed by a talk, ordinarily in French, lasting about 30 minutes. If you would like further information, please phone the Secretary, Shirley Parsons, 01656 861652, or e-mail: email@example.com.
- January 3rd: David
- January 17th: Andrew West "La justice pénale en France: présumé innocent ou présumé coupable?"
- January 31st: François Lépine-Cossette "Invité québécois"
- Saturday, February 15th - 6:15PM: Mardi Gras. Réunion avec la Société Franco – Britannique. This meeting will be begin at 6.15, and will be held in the Carraige Hall, Insole Court, Fairwater Road, Llandaff, CF5 2LN. There is ample parking.
- February 21st: Anthony Pugh "Le Pays de Galles et la Bretagne"
- March 6th: Présentations par les étudiants de l’Ėcole de la
- March 20th: Carol O’Bryne " La ville la plus française de l'amerique du sud" CANCELLED
- April 3rd: Yvette Roblin "Voltaire" CANCELLED
- May 1st: Soirée des Membres – présentations de 5 – 10 minutes CANCELLED
- May 22nd: Fête de
Printemps and AGM CANCELLED
Members - £20 per year
Visitors - £3.00 per meeting
Meets at Rhiwbina Memorial Hall